Careers at Indigo.
Indigo Natural Products Management is a national leader in the natural products industry. We represent companies who manufacture innovative natural and organic products for distribution across Canada. All our team members have a passion for health, food and wellness, and pursue an active and healthy lifestyle. Current opportunities are listed below.
Field Sales Associate - Vancouver, BC - Posted October 15, 2017
Field Sales Associate
Indigo Natural Products Management is a leader in the natural products industry. We represent companies who manufacture innovative natural and organic products for distribution across Canada. We are currently seeking a Field Sales Associate who will work hand in hand with the Territory Managers to help increase sales and improve our presence at store level. This is a part-time position (4 days a week).
If you love to achieve results and need to love what you do as well as the company you work for, this is the perfect opportunity for you! You must have a passion for health, food and wellness, and pursue an active and healthy lifestyle.
In this exciting and challenging role, you will be responsible for organising and conducting food demonstrations at selected stores and brands. You will ensure that the proper level of stock in the stores are maintained, and that the products that Indigo represents are displayed appropriately, with proper signage and favorable shelf placement. This includes setup, plan-o-gram execution, as well as the stocking, fronting, facing, and rotating product.
Our core values are:
- o Leadership
- o Honesty and Integrity
- o Adaptability
- o Initiative
- o Passion
- o Organizational Skills
- o Interpersonal Skills
- • Negotiate and maximize in-store presence and placement for new and existing products, shelf position and display opportunities
- • Store relines
- • Organise and conduct food demonstrations
- • Perform audits on a regular basis; review with management, and resolve issues that may arise because of these audits
- • Establish a regular call-cycle to meet individual and company established objectives and targets
- • Build effective working relationships with in-sore decision-makers through demonstrated product knowledge, integrity, reliability and consistency
- • Responsible for weekly and monthly processing of administrative tasks including auditing, and promotional plans
- • Accountable for all merchandising duties such as couponing, point of sale material, etc.
- • Attend trade shows as required
- • Work with Automated Retail Sales Software Programs as required
- • Develop a strong understanding of the industry and transfer this knowledge to the management of accounts, reporting on competitive and related industry news
- • Be an Indigo Ambassador, who exemplifies our culture in all internal and external communications and interactions
Education and Experience
- • At least 2 years previous or related merchandising experience; natural health food industry is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- • Driver’s license in good standing with good driving record
- • Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook etc.)
- • Growth oriented
- • Excellent interpersonal skills
- • Highly organized, with attention to detail
- • Work autonomously, as well as, on a team
- • Customer Service oriented
- • Excellent time management and organizational skills
- • Communicate effectively with multiple stakeholders
- • Physically fit since work requires frequent standing, bending, stooping and lifting
- • Comfortable with picking up computer software: Automated Retail Sales Programs
- • Frequent travel (80%) is required across assigned territory.
Please email a cover letter and resume in a single PDF document to HRADMIN@INDIGONATURALPRODUCTS.COM.
No phone calls please. Please visit our website at: www.indigonaturalproducts.com to learn more about us!
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Indigo Natural Products, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.