Indigo Natural Products Management, is a division of Concord National LLP, a leading national sales brokerage agency, which operates two distinct divisions, Concord National, and Indigo Natural Products Management. We represent Canadian and international clients who manufacture conventional and natural products for distribution across the Canadian market. Our Indigo Division is a leading national natural products broker, and a specialist in representing natural and organic brands to all channels of the Canadian Trade. We are currently seeking an experienced Team Lead, Key Accounts – Eastern Canada to support our Eastern Key Account Team.
If you are goal-oriented, take pride in going the extra mile to over-deliver results and are a passionate team-player, this is the perfect opportunity for you! You must have a passion for health, food and wellness, demonstrated through your personal commitment to living an active and healthy lifestyle.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Key Accounts, you will be responsible for growing sales within Eastern Canada. You will coach and mentor a team of experienced and highly talented Key Account Managers.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes a base salary, performance bonus, attractive vacation, health and dental benefits, an annual fitness allowance, in a professional office-environment with a values-driven culture.
Our core values are:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Organizational Excellence
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a regional team of Key Account Managers to meet/exceed established targets and assist them in supporting their customers through world-class customer service, strategic business planning, teamwork and relationship building.
- Responsible for budgeting & forecasting across the team and customers.
- Develop and implement sales KPI’s and other sales metrics; provide summaries to Director Key Accounts as required.
- Prepare and achieve sales and marketing objectives based on annual strategic business planning.
- Develop and manage relationships with key customers and support them in creating demand at the consumer level.
- Work directly with all key accounts to optimize program effectiveness and execution.
- Responsible for the development of fact-based, analytical, and compelling sales presentations.
- Provide ongoing education, support, and development to the team
- Comply with all Standard Operational Procedures,company policies and procedures
- Be an Indigo ambassador, who exemplifies our culture in all internal and external communications and interactions.
Education and Experience
- 7 years + related sales experience, including leadership of direct reports, within CPG Industry is essential.
- University or College Degree in Business, Marketing, or equivalent experience.
- Previous sales/marketing experience within the organic / natural sector is considered an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Significant prior experience working with Key Accounts in Eastern Canada, and strong relationships within Loblaws, Sobeys, Wal-Mart and Metro is essential.
- Proven ability to support an environment that promotes learning through coaching and development of direct reports.
- Communicate in an honest, transparent, and authentic way.
- Display a strong level of ownership and responsibility for your actions, behaviors, and contributions.
- Ability to self-manage and work autonomously within a group/team environment.
- Ability to manage a high level of detail, in a landscape of changing priorities.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- A sound understanding of financial fundamentals, with a focus on trade spend.
- Strong operational working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- You must be legally able to work in Canada permanently, and possess a valid driver’s license in good standing.
- Frequent travel is required across assigned territory.
- Occasional travel to the US may be required to attend trade shows.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Typing on a keyboard for extended periods of time
- May from time-to-time ship/receive samples – carry up to 10 lbs.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Indigo Natural Products Management, only selected shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.