Territory Manager – Montreal, QC
Indigo Natural Products Management, a division of Concord National LLP, is a leading national natural products broker, and a specialist in representing natural and organic brands to all channels of the Canadian Trade. We represent an incredible portfolio of leading Natural brands, many of which you’ll recognize from your home pantry – Amy’s Kitchen, Bob’s Red Mill and Dr. Bronner’s Soaps, to name a few!
We are currently seeking an experienced Territory Manager for the Montreal area to support the growth of our business.
If you love to achieve results and need to love what you do as well as the company you work for, this is the perfect opportunity for you! You must have a passion for health, food, and wellness, and pursue an active and healthy lifestyle.
As a Territory Manager you will be responsible for achieving/exceeding budgeted sales goals for the assigned territory. This is accomplished through effective communication, in-person appointments and constant follow-up with both existing and prospective customers. You are expected to work away from the office 60% of the time.
Our core values are:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Organizational Excellence
- Interpersonal Excellence
- Manage the assigned retail territory, selling to natural health food, independent grocery accounts and key assigned accounts
- Develop annual business plans, manage trade spend requirements and ensure ROI guidelines are being met or exceeded
- Establish a regular call cycle to meet individual and company established objectives and targets
- Build solid working relationships with decision makers through demonstrated integrity, reliability, and consistency
- Problem solves, and deliver solutions at the retail level and provide customized plans that meet the store and company objectives
- Responsible for weekly and monthly processing of administrative tasks including auditing, trade spends activities, new listings and promotional plans
- Accountable for all merchandising duties such as display builds, auditing, resets, demos and point of sale material placement
- Negotiate and maximize in store presence and placement for new and existing products, shelf position and display opportunities
- Attend trade shows as required
- Prospect, explore and advise on new account opportunities
- Work with Automated Retail Sales Software Programs as required
- Develop an understanding of the industry and transfer this knowledge to the management of accounts reporting on competitive and industry news
- Be an Indigo ambassador, who exemplifies our culture in all internal and external communications and interactions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or marketing OR an equivalent combination of experience and training within CPG
- 2 + years previous or related experience; natural health food industry is strongly preferred
- Previous working experience with distributors and natural products is a strong asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bilingual, a strong asset
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook etc.)
- Growth oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organized
- Can work autonomously, as well as on a team
- Amazing relationship building skills
- Strong and proven selling skills
- Build and maintain effective relationships
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Comfortable working with computer software: Automated Retail Sales Programs
- Must be able to work within Canada, have access to a reliable, insured vehicle with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Approximately 60% travel is required for this position.
- Overnight may be required 2-3 times a year
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Typing on a keyboard for extended periods of time.
- May from time-to-time ship/receive samples – carry up to10 lbs.
While we thank all applicants for their interest in Indigo Natural Products Management, only selected shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.