Careers at Indigo.
Indigo Natural Products Management is a national leader in the natural products industry. We represent companies who manufacture innovative natural and organic products for distribution across Canada. All our team members have a passion for health, food and wellness, and pursue an active and healthy lifestyle. Current opportunities are listed below.
Territory Manager - Vancouver, BC
Indigo Natural Products Management is a national broker in the natural products industry. We represent companies who manufacture innovative natural and organic products for distribution across Canada. We are currently seeking an experienced Territory Manager for the Vancouver area to support the growth of our business.
If you love to achieve results and need to love what you do as well as the company you work for, this is the perfect opportunity for you! You must have a passion for health, food and wellness, and pursue an active and healthy lifestyle.
As a Territory Manager you will be responsible for achieving/exceeding budgeted sales goals for the assigned territory. This is accomplished through effective communication, in-person appointments and constant follow-up with both existing and prospective customers. You are expected to work away from the office 80% of the time. Job Type: Full-time, Permanent.
Our core values are:
- Honesty and Integrity
- Organisational Excellence
- Interpersonal Excellence
- Manage the assigned retail territory, selling to both natural health food and independent grocery accounts as assigned
- Develop annual business plans, manage trade spend requirements and ensure ROI guidelines are being met or exceeded
- Establish a regular call cycle to meet individual and company established objectives and targets
- Build solid working relationships with decision makers through demonstrated integrity, reliability and consistency
- Problem solve, and deliver solutions at the retail level and provide customized plans that meet the store and company objectives
- Responsible for weekly and monthly processing of administrative tasks including auditing, and promotional plans
- Accountable for all merchandising duties such as auditing, couponing, point of sale material etc.
- Negotiate and maximize in store presence and placement for new and existing products, shelf position and display opportunities
- Attend trade shows as required
- Prospect, explore and advises on new account opportunities
- Work with Automated Retail Sales Software Programs as required
- Develop an understanding of the industry and transfer this knowledge to the management of accounts reporting on competitive and industry news
- Be an Indigo ambassador, who exemplifies our culture in all internal and external communications and interactions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, management or marketing OR an equivalent combination of experience and training in the CPG industry
- 2 + years previous or related experience; natural health food industry is strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Driver’s license in good standing with good driving record
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook etc.)
- Growth oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly organised
- Can work autonomously, as well as, on a team
- Build and maintain effective relationships
- Enthusiastic and positive
- Comfortable working with computer software: Automated Retail Sales Programs
- Approximately 80% travel is required for this position.
Please email a cover letter and resume in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please. While we thank all applicants for their interest in Indigo Natural Products, only shortlisted candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Experience: Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
Licence: Class 5 (Preferred)